Hi 2015!

18:30:00


So as the New Year rolls in (Hi 2015!) we all try to better something in our lives and make our New Year’s Resolutions. Most of us fail miserably, I know I do every year. So this year has some big things planned in my personal life, so I have to do some drastic resolutions that I NEED to keep!

One of my more recent purchases from Mecca Cosmetica

6 MONTH SPENDING BAN

So this may be a little extreme, especially for a makeup artist/beauty blogger, but I feel it’s something I need to do. Most of my purchases are in the middle to high end price range, with hardly any drug store purchases. (I’m pretty sure the only drug store makeup item I bought in the last 6 months was the Australis Contour Palette – and I have barely touched it). I hardly wear any make-up on an everyday basis (bronzer, blush, mascara, lipgloss/chapstick – that’s it!) I have a make-up kit full of make-up for my clients – which are now few and far between, since having moved to a small country town - plus my own personal stash of makeup, which has been steadily growing over the last 12 months.
So the plan for my 6 month spending ban (it kind of makes me shudder just thinking about it) is to start switching up my everyday basics, maybe even wearing a sheer layer of foundation too. Start using up the things I already have and rekindle the love that I had for those items.

(image made on wordswag app)

The reason behind the spending ban, well there’s a few!

A) Obviously to try to save some money, but not just for any old purchase, my boyfriend and I want to buy a house sometime in the next 6 months, so my unnecessary makeup purchases need to slow down L
B) I also plan on going overseas this year as well, and pretty much my moral in life is travel trumps EVERYTHING!
C) I need put everything into a NEED vs WANT category. I impulse buy so much stuff it’s a terrible habit I have.  Online shopping is a bad thing (a very good thing, but very bad!)

(image from Google Images)

So hopefully with these few things in the future, and using the NEED vs WANT theory, hopefully I can last the 6 months.

Have you ever tried a spending ban? How about one that lasts longer than a month?

Did you succeed? I would love some tips to help me survive!!


Mel x

Between posts you can always find me on:
Instagram: @loadsoflifestyle
Twitter: @loadsoflifestyl
Pinterest: @loadsoflifestyl












You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I actually successfully did a spending ban for about 3 months last year and it wasn't so bad! I started off just doing a month, but then eventually I got used to the idea of not "having to buy everything" and then it got easier and easier. Honestly, it's not hard to get caught up in the hype of certain products and impulse buy but if you are strict with yourself you can avoid falling into that trap. I love filling up my cart with lots of items and slowly going through what I actually would use vs what I want and often leave the site with nothing but I do feel relieved! You can do this girl! I hear you on the saving as well since I have a wedding and honeymoon to save for! How exciting you are looking at houses!!! That is definitely worth a little break from makeup purchases! xx

    Sarah | Bows & Pleats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You!

Thank you so much for stopping by Loads of Lifestyle! If you like what you see on the blog, please leave a comment and let Mel know. If you would like to see anything in particular on Loads of Lifestyle, please feel free to email Mel: loadsoflifestyle@gmail.com

Featured post

First Impressions: Too Faced Peanut Butter & Jelly Palette

When I got an email from MECCA.com.au saying that I had an exclusive early access to the newest Too Faced release, I knew I just had to p...